Friday, December 30, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies


After baking during the holidays, I always have some pumpkin mix leftover in my fridge. Some recipes call for only half a can of pumpkin, leaving me with either doubling a recipe or being creative. Well, this time, I got creative. This is a two ingredient recipe that really needs nothing else, but addition touches are noted at the bottom if you must! 

Ingredients:
1 box Spice Cake Mix, dry (or any other cake mix you have on hand, i.e. Yellow Cake Mix)
1 can of pumpkin

Skim Ingredients:
1/2 box Cake Mix, dry
1/2 can of pumpkin



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry cake mix and pumpkin until combined well. Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet. Drop by tablespoons on the sheet. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown. Let cool on wire rack. Enjoy the cake-like texture of this cookie!

**Note: You can add extra spices such as allspice or cinnamon if desired. I choose to top my cookies with some powdered sugar sifted on top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh yummy, wish you had some of these when we were over the other night LOL