Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Daniel Fast

James and I have decided to start the Daniel fast for the first of the year. It is a spiritual fast that Daniel in the bible does before a battle where he eats only foods that grow from the ground. No meats, breads, sugars, dairy, and no alcohol. Foods for the fast include vegetables, fruits, whole wheat, beans, etc. You can follow along with me if you like. Here is a link for more information. We got started today and my goal is to try and post as we go with meals my husband and I make for a variety of meals. I will be modifying some as I am pregnant and need lots of protein, but will keep the recipes I post following the fast. May your body be richly blessed and your spirit enlightened through the fast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Daniel Fast...and the wonderful corn bread crunch recipe...so yummy and hits the spot with our turnip greens and green beans...I make it with coconut oil (so healthy)